Friday, May 18, 2012

Dixon May Fair - 2012

 I won 3 FIRST PLACE ribbons
 at the Dixon May Fair this year! So excited!


"Eye of the Tiger" - BEST OF SHOW  & 1st Place
Black & White Portrait
This photo was taken at the L.A. Arboretum Botanical Gardens.  My daughter "went off the path" to hide behind this fern much to play peek-a-boo.  What an adorable shot! Lighting was perfect too.  The shadow cast couldn't have been more perfect for me.  I had taken 2 different angles and this was my favorite.  Thanks Maia, I love your creativity and bubbly personality!


"Purple Swirl" - 1st Place
Flowers
This was taken in my neighbor's front yard.  I saw these pop up in their yard and thought it was such a beautiful and unusual flower.  I took about 20 shots of all the flowers in their yard.  This one had the best sharpness and composition.


"Hooray...I'm 4!" - 1st Place
Color - Children's Portrait
 
This was taken for one of my favorite clients, Laurie Riley.  I have been taking their family portraits for years.  This was taken October of 2011.  Felicity was just turning 4 at the time and so I asked her to twirl around in her dress about 10 times.  I let my camera fire like a machine gun.  This proved to be the best shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment