Danish Days - September 16-18
I recently had the privilege of taking some fabulous portraits of a very talented man, Randal McGee. I met him in 2010 at the Solvang (located in California) Danish Days Festival. Solvang, meaning "sunny field" in Danish - was founded in 1911 and is celebrating its Centennial this year. Besides great food like medisterpolse (danish sausage) and aebleskiver (light and airy pancake balls dusted with powdered sugar and served with raspberry jam), I love the Hans Christian Anderson Museum, honoring the multi-talented Danish father of the modern fairy tale. It is filled with originals and copies of of Anderson's books, sketches, paper cutouts, silhouettes and collages. Randal does an amazing impersonation of Anderson. He performs each year in Solvang at the H.C. museum & at the Elverhoj Museum of History and Art.
I recently had the privilege of taking some fabulous portraits of a very talented man, Randal McGee. I met him in 2010 at the Solvang (located in California) Danish Days Festival. Solvang, meaning "sunny field" in Danish - was founded in 1911 and is celebrating its Centennial this year. Besides great food like medisterpolse (danish sausage) and aebleskiver (light and airy pancake balls dusted with powdered sugar and served with raspberry jam), I love the Hans Christian Anderson Museum, honoring the multi-talented Danish father of the modern fairy tale. It is filled with originals and copies of of Anderson's books, sketches, paper cutouts, silhouettes and collages. Randal does an amazing impersonation of Anderson. He performs each year in Solvang at the H.C. museum & at the Elverhoj Museum of History and Art.

No comments:
Post a Comment