Wednesday, May 12, 2010

2010 Dixon May Fair Awards

This was my first time entering in the Dixon May Fair. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the Best of Show purple ribbon hanging next to my photo. I had to double check to make sure it belonged to my photo. What an honor! I also won 1st, 2nd & 3rd place ribbons.

Title: "Bubble Eye"
Best of Show: One ribbon awarded out of over 300 photos

1st Place: For Computer Assisted category

What makes this photo technically difficult to create?
  • Maia is holding & looking through a bubble, but she is also inside the bubble blowing bubbles. It's a composite of two photos.
  • The opacity of her image in the bubble had to be perfect.
  • The blending of the two photos had to be flawless.


How it was displayed at the fair.
It was grouped with the other Computer Assisted photos.


My friend Sandy took this photo of me.


Title: "Best Friends Forever"
2nd Place: For Children category



3rd Place: For Black & White Abstract
By the way, this is a photo of my garden hose reel
.



No comments:

Post a Comment